Transfer Student Orientation Fall 2018
Welcome to Gettysburg College! In order to receive your Transfer evaluation from the College and enroll in courses, you must first send your transcript to the Admissions office. Once you receive your evaluation via mail, you will be eligible to register for courses and begin the First-Year Dashboard.
Depending upon departmental approval, there is potential for delay in the time to process the transfer evaluation. After completing the dashboard and receiving your evaluation you may begin course registration for both Fall and Spring semester classes. You may, with the caveat that you might change your schedule after you have a discussion with your Academic Advisor during Orientation, register when you arrive on campus.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Residential & First-Year Programs at 717-337-6901 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Registering for Courses
In order to prepare yourself for Course Registration, please refer to the Announcement of Courses Booklet. The most up to date information regarding course changes, cancellations, etc. can be found on the Course Updates section of the Orientation website.
A tutorial on how to add courses to your shopping cart, enrolling in courses, and other course selection questions will be available soon.
Things to remember about course registration:
• The system will open on Wednesday, June 20th at 9:00am. You may only enroll after you have received your Transfer evaluation.
• You will log-in to the Student Center page using the same username and password you used to access your First-Year Dashboard.
• All courses are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis so be sure to have several back up courses picked out in case your first choice(s) are filled.
• You may log-in to Student Center to add courses to your shopping cart. On registration day, you can go to your shopping cart and click ENROLL to register for those selected courses. The link to Student Center is on the main Orientation webpage.
• Once you arrive on campus in August, you will meet with both the Registrar's Office and your academic advisor to go over your courses.