Gettysburg College provides all full-time employees with medical, prescription and vision insurance. This benefit will be effective the first of the month after the hire date.
Health care plans are administered by Highmark. Premiums are based on the employee’s plan choice and family size. A prescription drug plan is provided through this program. Additionally, a mail-in drug program is available for maintenance drugs. Each plan offers the same prescription and vision plan.
On this page:
- Medical plans available in 2020
- Vision plan
- Making changes outside of Open Enrollment
- Additional medical plan information
Medical plans available in 2020
In calendar year 2020 the College offers two plans: PPO 1000 and QHDHP 2000.
PPO 1000 plan
- PPO 1000 plan summary (PDF)
- PPO 1000 premiums for 2020 (PDF)
- PPO 1000 SBC - Summary of Benefits and Coverage (PDF)
QHDHP 2000 plan
- QHDHP 2000 plan summary (PDF)
- QHDHP 2000 premiums for 2020 (PDF)
- QHDHP 2000 employer HSA contributions (PDF)
- QHDHP 2000 SBC - Summary of Benefits and Coverage (PDF)
Vision benefit summary (PDF)
Making changes outside of Open Enrollment
If an employee is adding children to their health insurance, Human Resources must be notified within 14 days of birth to assure enrollment in the health insurance program.
If you have a change to your marital status, please notify the Human Resource office. This change may affect your benefits, your new spouse may want to join our coverage and your ex-spouse has the right to COBRA insurance coverage.
If your new spouse would like to join our medical or dental coverage you must add them to your plan within 30 days of the marriage otherwise you will need to wait until open enrollment.
Additional medical plan information
The College is required to provide the following additional notices and information.